15 April 2010

Meilir



Like Gallops, I've long been a fan of Meilir's work. In fact I think I first saw Meilir supporting Gallops, softening the crowd with his experimental take on folk music. I recently conducted an e-mail interview with the Cardiff-based singer-songwriter for my uni newspaper, which can now be found online here.

His debut EP is well worth checking out (there are probably still some copies left at Spiller's Records in Cardiff) for Meilir's haunting vocal work and unique methods to make his music - expect the odd electro-beat and a fair amount of foot-scraped-gravel to accompany acoustic guitar, piano, and a mixture of both English and Welsh vocals. To get a sample of his work and to find out when and where Meilir is playing live, head to his MySpace page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment