13 March 2010

Amanaz. Amazing



As part of my usual Hype Machine and Gorilla vs Bear scouring, I came across the song "Khala My Friend" by Amanaz, a 70s band from Zambia, Africa.

It took all of one listen for me to fall in love with the funky bass-line, psychedelic grooves and slightly husky and accented vocals of "Khala My Friend". It is a brilliant song, as you'll see from the comments on the Gorilla vs Bear post, so brilliant that I've felt the desparate need to get hold of more Amanaz that I've resorted to downloading it illegally. I know, it is very naughty, and I do feel guilty for it.

But thankfully the whole album, which is full of fuzzy psychedelic guitar riffs and chilled out bass lines, has been re-pressed and re-released and is available to buy here, which is something I will be doing on Monday when I get three-hundred free English pounds (thank-you, UWIC).

For the time being, listen to the track that sparked my love affair. It really is very, very good.


Amanaz - Khala My Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment